Wednesday 31 August 2011

Round 2: Rapid Fat Loss Week 4

Another week done and dusted and what a week, training solid all week and pushing the intensity as far as my pain threshold will allow. Over the past two weeks I’ve been training with a partner which has really helped with my motivation so even if I can’t be bothered to train I have to go as I don’t want to let him down. I think even the most enthusiastic fitness fanatic goes through a period where they think “I could just not go and stay at home” but you have to suck it up and get your arse in gear! I truly believe that the more you put in the more you get out, now I’m not saying you have to over train as you need plenty of time to recover after your workouts but when you think about it logically there are 168 hours in a week, if you train 5 times a week for an hour that’s not really a lot so we all could get out of the house and be more active, walking instead of driving etc.

With regards to my workouts the past week has involved a number of drop set routines just to mix things up and shock the body. The workouts are similar to the bicep workout I posted where you start on a certain weight do 10 reps drop the weight do another 10 etc, I can’t really describe the pain but it burns......a lot! I think the bicep session is the worst by far. It literally feels like this............................

Over the week my weight has fluctuated, I’m really trying to get out of the habit of weighing myself daily as you can become slightly obsessed. My diet has been fairly strict but I did have a cheat meal on Sunday as it was a family get together and I never turn down a free meal especially from my mum!

So Monday morning I hopped on the scales and to my surprise I’m 12st l0lb.........


I admit I was disappointed, I even thought “what’s the point of carrying on?” I regretted the cheat meal, thinking that it ruined my progress for the week but then I saw sense. I can’t get fat in a day; I can’t fat in a day I kept telling myself, I’m still looking leaner and my definition in my muscles are looking better than ever. So I went over my food log for the week and checked everything and it seems I was eating over 230g of protein a day so the few pounds I’ve put on could possibly be muscle and we all know that muscle weighs more than fat!

I still wasn’t 100% convinced so I decided to get my body fat percentage checked out, the last time I had it checked was just before the first fat loss cycle.

 
Stats
Before
After
Weight (lbs)
182
169
Lean Body Mass
150
144
Fat %
17.2
14.6
Upper Body
19
24
Torso
22
11
Legs
19
15


Once I seen these figures I felt a bit better as it clearly shows that I lost fat and not just weight! I’m still on the right track and it’s nice to have the results in black and white showing that my chest is bigger and my stomach is getting flatter. I had a friend run these stats through his super computer and it printed out an artist’s impression of what I will look like after the 2nd cycle, so here it is................................

No comments:

Post a Comment