Monday 22 August 2011

Round 2: Rapid Fat Loss Week 3

This past week has been fun with all the celebrations and drinking but I did pay for it all. Even though I maintained my eating habits the calories from the alcohol tipped me over the edge for the majority of the week but in my defence it was my birthday and for that reason I'm writing week 3 off! 




I decided last night to get serious with this and cut out alcohol entirely until I reach my goal. I'm also doing cardio from now on even though I can’t stand it I think it will be beneficial with speeding up the fat loss. When doing cardio I keep it brief and do HIIT (High Intensity Interval training), this normally involves a 15-20 minute session where I sprint for 30 seconds then jog for 30 seconds and repeat until the times up. The idea behind this is when you sprint you mobilize the fat cells and then when you slow down that’s when you actually burn the fat. This sort of training when done correctly is a killer and 20 minutes is more than enough. I normally do this 3 times a week when I'm not lifting weights and after the session I’m normally dripping with sweat! (If you’re not then your intensity isn't high enough) 



On the weekend I trained with a friend and we hit the biceps hard by concentrating on form rather than weight. This involved explosive curling with a squeeze at the top then lowering the weight as slowly as you can. The pump was crazy and it hurt in a good way! 

After that we went for a run which I was dreading! I have one rule regards to running, only run if your being chased!



Once I got into it I was enjoying it and we ended up in a park doing pull-ups and leg raise’s on a bar which was about 5” thick which was difficult as the forearms took a hammering because of the grip! All in all it was a good workout and it just goes to show that even if you’re not a member of a gym you can still go outdoors and train to some degree. 

Regards to weight I'm 12st 10, I expected that in all honesty and now I’m raring to go to drop as much weight as I can. Last time I did this it was over a 4 week period but I think I’ll be aiming for around the 6-8 week mark as I have a lot more work to do. 


It’s a short one this week but I’ll post the bicep workout midweek to make up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment