Monday 8 August 2011

Round 2: Rapid Fat Loss Week 1

First let me say the past week has been amazing, I’ve pretty much ate and drank whatever I wanted! I’ve literally done the exact opposite from what I normally eat, the one thing I did do though was keep my protein intake relatively high, around 140 grams a day. I should have been aiming for about 190 grams but this week has been about me taking a break and letting my hair down!

All I heard last week were people boasting that “crash diets” don’t work and as soon as you start eating properly the weight will fly back on! I nodded and smiled to be polite and happily carried on eating my pizza!

So I weighed myself today after breakfast..........I hope that Haterade tastes good because I’m still 12st 8lb!



 Yeah it’s only been a week but I’ve abused my body with junk food and alcohol to the point where I thought I’m undoing all my hard work, so staying the same weight seems like a bloody miracle!

I’m not a praying man but if you’re up there thank you Superman!




Apart from eating and drinking I have actually been doing some research regarding new diets to try and one of my friends recommended I do something different to keep people interested and I will do something different but for now I’m interested to see how far I can push myself over the next 4 weeks in terms of fat loss!

One thing I did notice about myself was that my strength had dropped a fair bit which I expected to happen to be honest as you can’t physically train hard without enough good carbs to fuel your workouts! Over the week I have been training just to get back into the swing of things and also to prepare my body for the forthcoming punishment I’m about to throw at it!



This time round I’m going to be doing things a little different and make some adjustments with my nutrition and supplement intake.

Last time I barely had any carbohydrates but like I said I suffered, so now I’m going to be limiting my carb intake to roughly 30 grams(give or take few) a day, these carbs will be coming from protein supplements.



So I’m calling it now! In 4 weeks I am going to be 12st and hopefully gain some lean muscle!



I am a bit concerned though as on the 16th August it’s my 27th birthday and I have to celebrate, there’s no getting out of it, so I’m preparing myself for a rough few days over that week! Apart from that I totally feel competent about the task at hand!

So what am I going to be eating?

Pretty much what I normally eat but with some modifications, I’ll be training on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday so I will adjust my nutrition around my workouts!

Training days:

Breakfast

Bacon (2 rashers) and eggs (2)

Pre workout
PhD Synergy-ISO-7

Lunch
Chicken or Ham salad with 300g cottage cheese

Dinner
Chicken/beef stir fry (or)
Grilled Chicken with steamed vegetables (or)
Tuna Steaks and vegetables

Before bed
USN Pure Protein IGF-1

Rest Days:

Breakfast

Phd Diet Whey

Lunch
Chicken or Ham salad with 300g cottage cheese

Dinner
Chicken/beef stir fry (or)
Grilled Chicken with steamed vegetables (or)
Tuna Steaks and vegetables

Before bed
USN Pure Protein IGF-1

Now like I’ve mentioned in previous posts the above foods I can eat all the time, it might be boring for some but it works for me and easy to prepare! You might be happy with these choices, if not swap things about but make sure you are aware of what you’re eating, read labels and track your calorie intake! Also during the week I will be having no free cheat meals but the carb refeed is still on the cards 5 hours on a Saturday morning!

You may have noticed I’m taking supplements this time around so I can get the best results possible! I should mention that no one should depend on supplements; they should complement your nutrition! You should be eating smart by now! (Hopefully)

So what am I taking?

First up is PhD Synergy-ISO-7, this is an all in one protein which is perfect for pre-workout nutrition giving me the energy to train at high intensity.
In each serving there is 37g of protein and 17g of carbs. The good thing about this product is that it has the following:

· Branch Chain Amino Acids (The BCAAs are among the nine essential amino acids for humans, accounting for 35% of the essential amino acids in muscle proteins)

· Creatine (used to increase high-intensity athletic performance and gain muscle mass)

· L-Glutamine (helps with protein synthesis and recovery)

USN Pure Protein IGF-1, this protein is pretty much perfect, in each serving there is 40g of protein and only 2g carbs which is perfect to take before bed. It also has added L-Glutamine which again helps with muscle recovery.




Finally PhD Diet Whey, this is a high protein meal replacement which I will only take on my rest days for breakfast. The beauty of this product that in each serving there is 35g of protein and only 8g of carbs. It also has the following fat burning properties thrown in:

· L Carnitine: An amino acid that is essential to the metabolising of body fat

· CLA: Used worldwide to support fat-loss and provide vital support to a restricted-calorie diet

· Green Tea Extract: A strong anti oxidant to assist with the thermogenic effect

· Essential Fatty Acids: For optimum health, vitality and weight-loss



With my food intake and supplements I am hitting roughly 210g of protein a day which is more than enough to build lean muscle. I honestly don’t know what’s going to happen regarding fat loss this time round, my aim is to be 12st but If in 4 weeks I’m over that weight but looking better in the mirror I’ll be happy!

Regards to my training routine I’ll be doing a 3 day split which I will post later in the training section! I will also be adding a Q & A section, you can leave a question in the comment box and I will try to answer it when I can!


This should be a fun 4 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment